Thursday, June 5, 2008

No Pennies for My Thoughts

Hola amigos y amigas en Canada.

Hoy es jueves 5 de junio


So before I get started I just wanted to warn you all that this is kind of a random blog but I woke up this morning thinking I should share it with you; p.s its krissie/kike!


Well first of all I want to thank everyone who has supported the three of us in coming down, whether with money or prayers you have all been a huge blessing. This is definitely a dream come true and we are so thankful to know and have you all behind us.

So here goes my ramble... I have just been thinking a lot lately (yes I do use my brain even when I'm not in school) about all the things we are doing down here, and sometimes I find myself comparing this trip to Hero Holiday (which is all I have known in the Dominican before this). In Hero Holiday each day is planned out and packed with activities whether it's working at the schools, at a travel medical clinic, feeding people in the dump, playing with the kids of workers from the dump, visiting an orphanage for mentally and physically handicap children etc etc; and even at night they have something for us... This past month has had a lot of similarities, with the kind of work we are doing and will be doing more of, but at the same time it is really opening my eyes to what a 'long-term missionaries life' might be like. We have for the most part been 'shadowing' Donna and Phil down here and they have taught us a lot about the planning and politics that hide behind working here. Basically the most important thing I have been learning is that real life isn't always full of big events every single day. We are getting more into the culture now and building better relationships with the people but this year we are learning to appreciat down time a little bit more (for those of you who know me that is way out of character). As Rana says, "we are putting a story to the faces" and although at times it may appear less eventful (especially on the blog), I hope that none of you are regretting the support you have offered us.

So again we are So Thanful for all of you and definitely wouldn't be having our live's changed in this amazing way if it weren't for you. We love you all and appreciate prayers, so please continue to pray that we will know what God's plans are for us, that spanish will become easier and easier, and also the clinic in Nazaret is planning to officially open this Monday but we are having an Open House tomorrow so please pray that today we will get all the finishing touches...finished!


Love always, krissie


No comments: